Job Purpose Summary:
This position is responsible for directing the daily operations of the Logistic Department including supervision of the logistics team.
- Ensure company is compliant with all necessary documentation for imports.
- Supports Procurement Team by overseeing the international logistics and importation of purchases.
- Keep current with US government and other country regulations including FSMA and Food Sanitary Transport and share that knowledge with appropriate departments.
- Evaluate transport and broker services, negotiate prices and select vendors.
- Ensure carrier/broker compliance with regulatory or legal requirements and maintain strong relationships.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, imports, exports or customer issues.
- Lead continuing education for department staff to assure team is compliant with required knowledge necessary to effectively do their jobs.
- Supports Sales Team by overseeing export sales and required compliance of documentation and regulations.
- Supervise, coach and train department staff; conduct annual performance reviews.
- Maintain and enhance department processes/procedures as needed; full review annually.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Transportation/Logistics Management, or related field.
- 5+ years of international logistics management demonstrating progressive increases in responsibilities.
- Current and deep knowledge of national and international import/export logistics and government regulations.
- Experienced in leading and managing staff.
- Familiarity with basic accountancy with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience, understanding and sensitivity in working with other cultures.
Other Skills & Attributes:
- Food Industry experience or other highly regulated industry is highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills; extreme attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with ability to adjust to different situations and challenges; embraces change.
- Excels at working on teams and with other departments, as well as alone.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Software and internet proficiency.
- Positive energy and attitude under all circumstances.
- Bilingual or multilingual skills a plus.
This position is located in historic Hudson, Wisconsin, approximately 20 minutes east of St. Paul, Minnesota. Applicants should reside within a reasonable commuting distance.
We offer a competitive base salary with annual bonus opportunity based on personal and company performance. Our benefit package includes: Health Insurance (EE premium 100% paid by ER) with Health Savings Account and potential employer contribution; Life/ADD/STD/LTD insurance (EE premium 100% paid by ER); Safe Harbor 401k with 3% company contribution; vacation and sick time; company holidays, potential for annual bonus and profit sharing. Salary is DOQ. To apply, please complete an application form in PDF or Excel format, and email it along with your resume and cover letter to: Karen@ciranda.com. No calls please.