Ciranda is seeking a Product Manager to join our team of employee-owners as we supply brands and manufacturers with organic, non-GMO and fair-trade ingredients, helping them create cleaner, healthier products for a better world. We have a dynamic, supportive culture and believe in working hard and having fun while we do it.
Job Purpose Summary
Responsible for new product innovation projects from the concept stage through commercialization and beyond. Lead cross-functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Operations and Quality Assurance), collaborating on defining the new product vision, assessing the marketplace for potential, gathering and prioritizing projects and customer requirements. Will have ongoing responsibility for supporting project revenue goals and customer satisfaction as new products are launched.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to conduct market research to understand market potential, key customers/brands, and customer attitudes with the new product introductions. Help identify market segments for new products, measuring the purchasing power of these segments, understanding the product performance and features these segments require, evaluating the competitive offerings in these segments, and communicating the requirements of these market segments to the appropriate cross-functional teams.
- Support Quality Assurance, Procurement and Logistics team throughout the new supplier qualification process and new product set up; keeping all parties focused on deadlines, action items and any obstacles impacting target launch date. Maintain a central project form/database.
- Facilitate and organize nutritional information and communicate with cross functional teams, ensuring marketing and specification materials match.
- Work closely with sales team on new product launches. Collaborate with commercial director and supply chain during stock pipe fills (during ramp up) as well as Business Development team to ensure adequate sample stock is obtained.
- Review and analyze product data to ensure that the sales team is kept up to date on new developments regarding the industry or competitors’ products.
- Provide the sales team with the necessary support and training to enable them to sell new products. Support presentation and sell-in of new products at trade shows or key client meetings.
- Ensures product budgets and timelines are being met.
- Facilitate cross functional NPD recurring meetings and internal communication related to deadlines or project updates.
- Travel up to 20% to support sales efforts and project training.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, sales or foods science - or equivalent relative experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in project management and/or product development of food products or ingredients.
- Additional experience with food safety and quality systems preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external colleagues, vendors and suppliers.
- Strong leadership skills, including the capacity to impact cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams, as well as build creativity and innovation.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple project timelines, often with changing and competing priorities, while remaining flexible and positive throughout revisions.
- Proven track record of developing savings through effective resources planning and implementation.
- Strong and influential verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, independent thinking, communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to remain focused.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); internet savvy.
- Competitive medical, dental, vision insurance offerings.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with potential for employer quarterly contribution.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- 100% company paid Life, ADD, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- 401k with company contributions.
- Voluntary insurances at employee's cost: Additional Life/ADD, Dental and Vision insurance.
- Potential year end cash bonus.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Onsite wellness classes (yoga, meditation, mindfulness)
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.