Senior Account Manager
Ciranda is seeking a Senior Account Manager to join our team of employee-owners as we supply brands and manufacturers with organic, non-GMO and fair-trade ingredients, helping them create cleaner, healthier products for a better world. We have a dynamic, supportive culture and believe in working hard and having fun while we do it.
Job Purpose Summary
Responsible for managing profitable sales and key customer relationships. A successful candidate will have significant sales experience in the areas of food ingredients and food industry R&D. This role carries high-level revenue and account responsibility.
- Regularly meets with customers to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Manages ongoing business with key customers. Works to identify and prioritize sales opportunities and establish relationships with external decision makers.
- Understands customer’s business operations, strategies and goals and aligns applicable opportunities
- Offers consultative sales expertise, technical assistance and application recommendations to customers
- Negotiates pricing and manages contracts with new and existing key accounts
- Works with customers to proactively develop business plans to meet their needs. Provides accurate and timely internal forecasts and communicates variances to supply chain teams.
- Uses data and other tools to lead the sales process and recommend solutions, internally and externally.
- Acts as the voice of the customer and leads effective cross-functional communication, ensuring issues are well managed internally with effective follow up to customers
- Provides monthly business updates, with a review of business results and a summary of customer issues and opportunities. Meets or exceeds a variety of sales performance metrics.
- Networks within the industry to promote Ciranda visibility and brand recognition. Stays informed of market conditions as they relate to our industry.
- Travel up to 25% via customer visits and tradeshows.
Required Education & Experience
- 4 year-degree in food science strongly preferred, with a minimum of a B.A. in a business-related field;
- 5-10 years of ingredients sales and/or R&D experience in food manufacturing;
- Demonstrated understanding of the food industry, including knowledge of consumer trends, new product development, R&D cycles, supply chain, manufacturing, distribution and retail sales;
- Organic industry experience preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrated self-starter who is comfortable working independently and as a part of a team.
- Strong and influential written and verbal communication skills. Secondary language skills are a plus.
- Patience and composure under pressure, and the ability to deal effectively with customers and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving, independent thinking, communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to remain focused.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); internet savvy.
- Competitive medical, dental, vision insurance offerings.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with potential for employer quarterly contribution.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- 100% company paid Life, ADD, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- 401k with company contributions.
- Voluntary insurances at employee's cost: Additional Life/ADD, Dental and Vision insurance.
- Potential year end cash bonus.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Onsite wellness classes (yoga, meditation, mindfulness)
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, including salary expectations, to email@example.com.